Things To Do In Orlando
Thanks to its wealth of high-profile theme parks, Orlando is one of the top vacation destinations in the US. Yet the truth is that the city has much more to offer tourists than just Disney World! From sports and museums to wildlife encounters, shopping and gastronomic delights, there’s something for all types of travelers to enjoy. So if you’re planning a trip to this renowned location, here are some of the top activities to add to your itinerary.
Theme parks may be Orlando’s biggest draw, but they are far from the only places worth visiting here. These are just a few of the other attractions you want to make time for during your stay:
- Orlando Science Center – this interactive museum is great for both kids and adults, with mesmerizing exhibits on dinosaurs, nature, sci-fi technology and the human body
- Harry P Leu Gardens – boasts 50 acres of beautiful botanical gardens to explore, filled with colorful flowers and grassy picnic spots
- Kennedy Space Center – a must for all fans of space exploration, this fascinating museum is home to real-life rockets and genuinely interesting exhibits. You can even meet a veteran NASA astronaut!
- Winter Park – this district is packed with boutique stores and fine dining restaurants, as well as a number of museums. It’s also possible to take a boat tour to learn more about the area
- Orlando Museum of Art – has a wonderful selection of exhibitions, and on the first Thursday of the month hosts an event where you can mingle with local artists
- Madame Tussauds Orlando – the renowned wax museum where you can see life-size replicas of celebrities and fictional characters like Wonder Woman
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition – a museum focusing on the doomed ship, where you can walk through full-scale replications of some of the rooms as you play the role of a passenger
- Airboat rides – these tours take you through the deep waters and tall grasses of the Everglades, where you can see alligators, turtles, fish and birds as you learn about the local ecosystem
Also Read: Why Many People Enjoy Living In Orlando
This wouldn’t be an article about the top things to do in Orlando if it didn’t include the area’s many epic theme parks. These sprawling, magical resorts are well worth a visit, and guaranteed to evoke a childlike sense of wonder no matter how old you are. Here’s a rundown of the best:
- Walt Disney World – the world’s most famous theme park, Disney World is actually split into several different parks. Magic Kingdom is a fairytale fantasyland, Hollywood Studios is home to the brand-new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge world, Epcot celebrates human achievement and culture, and Animal Kingdom focuses on wildlife.
- Universal Orlando – geared more towards adults, Universal is divided into three theme parks. Universal Studios brings TV shows and movies to life, Islands of Adventure is packed with rides based around Harry Potter, Jurassic Park and Marvel, and Volcano Bay is the ultimate water park.
- Seaworld Orlando – this oceanic park combines marine life with adrenaline-pumping rides, and also has a Sesame Street land
- Legoland Florida – perfect for the young and young at heart, Legoland is filled with attractions inspired by the toy’s many brands